Tributes

[ Donate :    Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund    Save The Rhino

Next>
Subject: whish so much you were here ( 1 of 2 )
Posted by nicolas botti

Since i've seen douglas adams memorial on the web i can't forget some extracts... laughs, cries, and this wonderfull moment where david gilmour plays "wish you were here". It almost felt like he wrote this song for Douglas Adams death. It was a great moment of emotion. Till this moment, i often listen this song singing in my head with david the lyrics..

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

What can be stronger than these words?

I met douglas adams books when i was sixteen. I'm french and I was in the south of england for two weeks. I always loved that country. Asked to my penfriend if there was a good book i could read in english. He told me to buy h2g2. I bought it. It was the first book i've ever read in english. Even if i didn't understand everything it was a great pleasure and good laughs. I soon bought the three other books.

I wasn't quite a science fiction addict. I love books and english humour - i found in douglas adams work the best of it. And i found too a dark side, a deep soul which was very unique. Never found that elsewhere. I've read all douglas adams books and most of his interviews. I had so much great time!

Through the years it became an obsession. I even made a french adaptation of the radio series. A huge struggle against odd things, but i made it, and i'm still quite proud of it. It took months of my life but it was worth the trouble.

I was building a french speaking website about douglas adams when i learnt he was dead. Two days before i was ready to put it online. What a shock! At the time the movie thing was going on, we were still waiting for a new book, i hoped i could see him one day right in front of me, so many things seemed possible.

Wish you were here....

Next>

[ Back to thread list ]

(c) 2001